Wednesday 10 June 2015

A Few Cover Letter Examples

Here are a few cover letter examples for job seekers' references. These are live examples, however all names are dummies. These letters have one thing in common - they all generated interviews and some candidates were being hired.

As a general rule, a job seeking cover letter should be short and precise. 'Matching' is one of the most important roles of a hiring manager. In other words, he has to know exactly what you want, before he knows what to do with your application. It is easy if you are responding to a recruitment advertisement. But if you are approaching an employer or a headhunter proactively, you must specify what you want.

You need to specify what you want, highlight your job skills and experiences and ask for an interview, all within a short cover letter. In fact most hiring managers spend only 20 seconds in reading a cover letter. In such a short cover letter, every word counts. Every word should add value. Never write long sentences and of course no non-sense.

Let's go through a few cover letter examples below which cover various scenarios.

Entry Level
Hello, my name is Anna Maria D'Souza. I have just obtained my master's degree from the Yale University. My focus was on financial engineering and economics. I am looking for an entry-level analyst position. I have been a quantitative analyst intern at ABC Investment Bank and have a good understanding of the US and Asian markets.

I have attached my resume and would welcome an opportunity to meet you. I can be reached on...

Proactive Approach
I would like to introduce myself as a professional marketer with 17 years of marketing and sales experience in Healthcare and Diagnostics industries.

I am currently a Regional Business Manager in Famous HealthCare (Asia) and the countries under my responsibility include Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. I am now seeking a Marketing/ Business management position that will maximize use of my knowledge and experience.

Proactive Approach and Career Move
I have attached my resume. I am ready to move, flexible on terms & location, and continue to be interested in new opportunities to further my career in a new setting within the Asia region.

I am also open to new fields that will utilise my sales, marketing, general management, brand & business building experience and will present new learnings and new challenges.

Replying to An Ad
Thanks so much for posting your need for an executive assistant on jobs.com. I've had 10 years of experience assisting my previous employers in a similar role and I know I can contribute to your company the skills I've developed in these jobs--organization, dependability, multi-tasking, and positive problem-solving.

Could we meet for an interview? I'm eager to find out your expectations for the person you hire and to show you how I will work hard to meet them. Please name a date and time that is right for you and I'll be there, ready to get right down to business.

Looking for reputable professional headhunter,do visit the list at The Recruitment Guru @ dougleschan.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment